Friday, May 01, 2009

Shih-Tzu's, Weddings, and White Wine

Every morning as I'm driving into the office, I see a little old lady walking with her dog. The difference is she isnt' "walking the dog" she's either pushing it in a stroller, like it's a baby. Or she's carrying it as she walks. I think it's a Shih-Tzu, but not the teeny version, it's almost the size of a small Westy. Anyway, I started to notice because it was somewhat strange seeing a dog being "walked" but whose feet do not touch the ground. My best guess is that the dog is either old or ailing and she is taking it outside for some air? You can see the very obvious love that the woman and the dog feel for one another. They are affectionate.
-
Weddings on the brain again? A girlfriend is getting married in July. She and I hung out last night, and I got all the wedding planning gossip.
and
Also a guy-friend is getting married TODAY - who knew? I didn't know the date until he was already out of town, but that's cool. I'm excited for him. I can't wait until he gets back from his 2 week honeymoon. He's slightly younger than me, but supposedly he's still a virgin. We were at happy-hour last night and lightly joking about how different he will be when he gets back. I bet he comes in with a very glazed look on his face, like he's very well rested. He'll have his shirt slightly unbuttoned, and a bit of some sexy stubble on his face, and when he speaks, his voice will have dropped 2 octaves to a Barry White kind of sound. That's my guess anyway. "How YOU doin?" It's definitely going to be a subtle personality change. Sex does that to you! Love it!!!
-
Today my girlfriend from Connecticut arrives. She's visiting for the weekend. She loves the White Wine, and I actually do like White Wine for summertime, but haven't figured out my fave yet (I've been a Red Wine fan for so long). So, I went to Trader Joe's and got about 9 different kinds and varietals. The one I haven't ever tried before is "Bear's Lair Voignier" so we'll see what a "Voigner" tastes like. I prefer the drier white wines, but sometimes they are too sweet for me. We'll see.
Wikipedia says Voignier pairs well with Thai Cuisine and sushi/sashimi. Boy I know how to pick them don't I? AWESOME!
-
UPCOMING EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Matt Lane of Zazen Photo is the featured MAY artist at Get Coffee. So stop on by for a sip and peak!
-
Zazen Photo's website has been revamped. Check it out!
-
UrbanCouture Fashion show is NEXT Saturday May 9th at Grady High School. Get your TICKETS now!
-
Still confused about what UrbanCouture is? Check out the article published in The Voyeur of Fashion, Art, and Politics E-zine.
-
This weekend is the Kentucky Derby. My Connecticut friend likes to have us all pick a horse and then we root for it to win. I don't know that any actual bets will be made, but it is fun. I picked the horse named "I Want Revenge" for this year. 3 guesses why? ha!
-
And last but not least... The Modern Atlanta Home Tour is coming up on May 15-17. My beloved Auntie Julie is flying down to visit us and go on the tour. I CAN'T WAIT!!! If this year was anything like last year, it will ROCK! Tickets are $35 for the whole weekend, and a tour ticket gets you into the Launch Party on Friday night for FREE. Schmooze with the architects and designers, or just get some free munchies and wine, whatever. I'm SO there!

No comments: