Sunday, December 14, 2008

Makin' Pad Thai from whatever I can find in my kitchen without going to the store . . .

Sauce: 2 heaping tablespoons of Reduced Fat Creamy Jif Peanut Butter, 30-40 dashes of Tabasco Sauce, 1/4 cup Light Soy Sauce, a few shakes of Garlic Powder, 2 sweet & Lo packets. Stir over low heat until saucy. Add 1 can of chicken, some basil, and frozen chopped spinach. Continue stirring until mixed well.

Noodles: Quinoa Spaghetti noodles - Il Denti!

After Sauce is done and Noodles cooked/firm - drain noodles but keep them in the pan, turn heat on low. Add a bit of liquid Egg Whites, stir until eggs whites cook, add sauce and toss with noodles until consistency is what you want.

Dash of Lemon Juice (I couldn't find lime), and sprinkle chopped nuts on top (all I had was the leftover chopped almonds from the Baklava.

Serve warm, with plenty of water to douse your tastebuds with when the spice sets in.

In hindsight, I would have made more noodles or 1/2'd the sauce recipe - I made enough for an entire 2nd batch. IF I had done this, I'd have made 6-8 full servings.

Enjoy - Love always Abbie the madcap cook!

No comments: