Thursday, March 04, 2010

My Grandpa

Haven't been writing as much as usual, sorry folks.
My grandfather has been ailing (he has a terminal condition -
Pulmonary Fibrosis). Basically, over time, his lungs are filled with scarring, and eventually he won't be able to breathe. Currently, he is on oxygen 24/7, and is at the point where walking a mere 5 feet from living room chair to dining room chair puts him out of breath and puffing for more air.
-
Time is running out.
We have known this was coming eventually, but it doesn't make it any easier.
I've been driving to see him about once a month or so, and this month is no exception.
On the upside, I have been able to see family that I hadn't seen in years, as many people are coming to visit him. Also, we make every visit a good one (good food, wine, movies, talking, art, etc).
Each visit is as good as it can be, because you never know when it will be the last one.
-
May all of you be so lucky to have time with your families to celebrate one another. This is what I wish for you in March.
-
Happy early St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: