Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My new obsession - Bragiole

Last night, I tried "Bragiole" - pronounced like Bra-Joel (ha ha!). To me, it was like Italian version of Beef Brisket. The meat was just absolutely tender and melted in my mouth. The handmade gnocchi on the side was just as delicious (yeah I cheated on my gluten-free diet). One more reason to love my favorite Philadelphia Restaurant - Penns View Hotel's Ristorante Panorama, not only do they have the Il Bar wine selection, but the food... Mama Mia!

So, as usual, after I find a good dish, I want to know how to make it. Here are some recipes I found online. PLEASE let me know if you hear of any other ones worth using.

Bragiole from Nassin Family Cookbook
Bragiole Al Sugo from Blogger

In other news, I am starting to realize that there are other similar recipes from other countries:
France - Boeuf Bourguignon (which we made for dinner Friday night)
Malaysia/Thailand - Beef Rendang (which I just sampled at Aqua for lunch today)

The common theme is beef flank or stew meat, then whatever sauce you want on it, boiled/simmered/etc until the meat is as tender as butter. mmm...

No comments: