Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Blue Frogs, Broccoli, & Wii

Photo Credit
The Blue Frog Cantina: Last night, Matt & I dragged ourselves downtown for some $1 Tacos, $2 PBR, and a chance to see Kymry one last time before she flies to NYC. Yes, we will see her briefly in NY at the wedding, but this was supposed to be one last time to see her locally. Well, we ended up NOT seeing Kymry, but we did have a nice dinner with Erika & Ben. KY didn't get Erika's email in time to see that we were doing dinner together. So, Erika and Ben met up with her at The Earl last night. I went home to bed. I really did want to see my beloved KY, but not eating dinner until almost 9pm on a weeknight (a week where I am working and have to be awake at 5:15am the next day), was about all I could do. I do love the Taco nights and plan to go back again to eat more! Maybe tonight? LOL.
-
Will wonders never cease? My company cafeteria served something super delicious today. I actually loved this recipe SO much, I had to find it online. I was shocked because normally, the food is sub-par. I'm not blaming the staff, it's not their fault we are given low-budget ingredients. But WOW they really made some smashing food out of these options: Broccoli,Cran,Almond Salad (note: just use regular broccoli florets, I don't see the point in buying "special broccoflower" or whatever they are advertising in the recipe there).
-
Between all of my social activities, I have been trying to get more exercise. Thus I challenged Matt to a Wii Tennis Match. Yes he beat me twice (again!), but I got very close - we were neck and neck for the 5 sets to the match point - and somehow he pulled it off. Damn! I just realized THAT is why my arm is so sore. ha! I'm getting ready for a "wii-match."
read that last sentance again.
slowly.
there ya go.

No comments: