Thursday, November 13, 2008

Double-0 ready in spite of my gut

Photo Credit
I'm so excited for the new James Bond Movie - Daniel Craig is a good Bond (he's no Sean Connery, but he will do very very nicely for today's Bond).
We are planning a nice dinner out tomorrow night, and afterwards catching the movie.
-
I hope my stomach can handle it. I caught a nasty bout of food poisoning (or Stomach Flu, it's a toss up which one) on Monday night/early Tuesday AM. It was disgusting. I literally lost everything in my system. I couldn't keep down Pepto Bismol, Crackers, Water, nothing. It was just a mass exodus. On the upside, I did lose 3 lbs according to the Wii Fit. So, maybe it wasn't a total loss. After getting some sleep in between the nausea, then working some in the morning (working from home). I spent most of the day in bed sleeping on Tuesday, and then finally was able to get up and be sociable for my hubby later in the evening. My tummy was not quite right, until - wonder of wonders - I had some McDonald's French Fries and a Diet Coke. I cannot tell you why such an unhealthy food would be such a great help, but it was like life pouring back into me. I even had McDonald's again for lunch on Wednesday (stayed home to take it easy but still worked from the house). Matt says just because I'm sick doesn't mean I can eat junk all the time. I told him I was being very careful. Nothing but crackers, gatorade, fruit, and tuna, water and then finally some Fries and a Diet Coke. I was grateful for the variety and for the nice happy tummy feeling.
-
I'll let you know if the 3 lbs stays off.

No comments: