Friday, November 07, 2008

Sobering up to Reality

Photo Credit goes to Matthew Lane of www.zazenphoto.com
Dreaming is one thing. However, the holidays are upon us. Now is NOT the time to be buying new furniture, when there are gifts to purchase. Yes I already have a couch. Yes it is still in good condition. However, it doesn't support my back very well, and I tend to get out of alignment when I sit in it for long periods of time. So what? My friends and dog love the couch. I will compromise by doing the lotus pose on the floor while watching TV. That's better for my back anyway right?
-
Besides, I not only dream of a new couch, but I want a King-sized platform bed with a relax-the-back tempura-pedic mattress. Oh sure, if you have about $4000. oh well. I am so over the sleep number bed idea, been there, done that, didnt' love it. I can survive for now with my J-pillow & cervical pillow, and china gel applications. right?
-
Well, this weekend we are visiting the family and meeting Matt's Aunt & Uncle up in Tennessee for a artisan/craft show thing. It's for wholesale buyers I hear, so we probably won't shop too much, but it will be nice to see everyone again.
-
I'm just cringing because this is the fattest I have EVER been in my life, and I can't blame it on anything like pregnancy to get away with it. Nope. I just love food and wine, and my day job is me sitting on my rear-end for 8 hrs doing reports and scheduling. So I'm getting fat. Working out is not helping me at this point, but I cannot tell you why. It's like my body is saying "oh yeah? screw you, you can work out all you want, but you're STUCK!" ha! well we'll see about that. I haven't been dragging my butt out of bed at 5am every other day to hit the YMCA for nothing.
-
Holiday stress is hopefully not going to be bad this year. I have a couple of nifty gifties already and have planned out the rest. The only dilemma (which we solved last night) was WHICH family to visit WHEN and the logistics, etc. Looks like we are planning to stay HERE for Thanksgiving, but still deciding what we are doing for Christmas and afterwards.
-
Whew, it would be nice if we could suddenly find a couple of thousand dollars laying around someplace that we forgot about. Yeah right. Toodle-loo for now.

No comments: