Saturday, April 11, 2009

Recipe for Tomato Soup

I'm into this new thing where I literally just throw shit from my cupboards into a dish, and make something.
so today is Tomato Soup.

Ingredients:
Dried Nori
Worcestershire Sauce
2 small cans of V8
2 small packets of Veggie Broth Mix
1 canned chicken thing from Trader Joes
Some frozen Mixed Veggies (Kroger brand)
the last bit of Organic Ketchup in the bottle.
basil - from my spice shelf.

Pour V8 into saucepan, add Veggie Broth Packets, squirt out last remains of the ketchup bottle. Add water to the ketchup bottle (1/3 full), put lid back on, shake hard, then empty that into the saucepan too. This does 2 things, lets you get out more ketchup, and cleans out the ketchup bottle so I can recycle it. ha!
Add couple of dashes of Worcestershire sauce.
sprinkle a generous bit of basil on top
Add canned chicken (don't bother draining it, we need the liquid and that liquid in the can is already chicken flavored).
Cut up the Nori into small strips/bits, and sprinkle on top. I only used 1 full sheet from the pack I have in the cupboard.
Add some frozen mixed veggies - no more than 1 cup.
bring to boil.
after it boils for a bit (lets the flavors meld together).
turn off heat and let sit in pan covered, until it cools enough to taste.

I'm debating about adding some cream to this soup for better flavor, but so far I like it as is.

Matt's going to make some panini-cheese sammiches on our George Foreman grill to go with the soup.

Voila! Easy!

*Add the cream, it totally makes the soup PERFECT.

No comments: