Friday, April 10, 2009

Thank God It's Easter!

Seriously, if it weren't for the lovely admin in our building, who keeps the candy dish full of Dove Dark Chocolate Eggs, I think I would go batty.
-
Quote for the day:
"People think it must be fun to be a super genius , but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world" - Calvin, from Calvin and Hobbes.
-
On a lighter note ...
Matt took me to "Trois" for our 3 year anniversary. Wow it is super nice and classy. We arrived early, so we went to the bar for a glass of Malbec and Tempranillo respectively. Guess who had the Malbec? Yes, that was me.
Then we went upstairs for dinner.
We dined on lump crab fritter, olive bread, small complimentary appetizer of beets/goat cheese/vinagraitte (spl?), and then for the main entre I had the Scottish Salmon (how could I not with a name like that?), with bacon wrapped white asparagus, and Matt had the seared Scallops with Vichy Carrots, and a side of whipped potatoes that were to die for. Dessert was some sort of complimentary chocolate brownie thing with "white chocolate foam". They even wrote "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate syrup on the plate. Too funny!
With dessert, we drank some French Press gourmet coffee called "Brazillian Cerrado" - also AMAZING, and then they brought out some complimentary Rose wine and a small flat piece of chocolae. I was just in HEAVEN.
The olive bread was unique to me, I was very very happy with that. Too bad I'm trying to give up wheat gluten now, but I had some anyway. DELISH!
-
So here is the dilemma. On our 1 yr anniversary he took me to "ONE Midtown Kitchen" and then on our 2 yr anniversary he took me to "TWO Urban Licks".
You just read about "TROIS" for the 3 yr. So what will we do for year 4?
Please post your ideas under the comments section if you have any. THANK YOU!

No comments: