Tuesday, February 03, 2009

And the Darwin Award goes to . . .

With all the Shower drama and my sister's hospitalization drama, I forgot to mention a few hilarities that happened over the weekend.
-
So you know how we have a roommate now? Well, it had been less than one week since he started parking in the driveway in his RED car, and on Thursday morning last week I was backing out of the garage, humming a tune, and apparently stuck in my own bubble world, because BAM I backed right into the RED car.
I didn't look in the rear-view mirror (or if I did I wasn't really thinking about what I saw) I guess.
What made it even more hilarious, was that the car alarm started going off. Matt ran outside and turned it off, but the whole time this was happening (right below the roommate's bedroom windows), he never woke up. I seriously wonder if he'd ever notice if we hadn't confessed. He sleeps like the dead. Well that's a good thing though. I'm a pretty noisy morning person.
I felt terrible, but on the upside, the scratch already buffs out of my car's bumper when I rub it with my coat sleeve. His car may need some work, but it's only the plastic bumper not the light or the metal frame of the car. We are okay.
After I started driving to work, I started cracking up. I was positively giddy, it was SO funny to me. I mean what an idiot I am, but I kept laughing.
I called roomie later that day to apologize and HE started laughing. He said "just don't do it again ok?" - yeah I will do my best.
after which I promptly made myself a sign in BIG ORANGE LETTERS saying "DON'T HIT HIS CAR" and hung it right infront of my car in the garage.
I haven't hit his car again. Yet.
-
Shower updates:
Rather than move the outlet and the mirror, I finally came up with the bright idea to ask Tile Guy if we could just get a 2.5inch granite backsplash INSTEAD of the standard 4 inches. YAY! now no need to repaint (well if you can live with the wall scratches and grout stains). I can deal for a bit.
Oh yeah, the Master Bath is DONE! The sink faucet was installed yesterday finally. I moved my pretty towels and wall hangings back in. BUT we haven't paid the guy yet (he is still compiling receipts). I'm dreading the final total. But on the upside, I could use my own shower, sink, and even TOILET this morning! woo hoo! nothing like christening a pristine new white extended bowl toilet. right?
I'll let you know if I have any money left after I get the bill. HA!
-
I watched the Superbowl at an Australian guy's house. His name is Dave Chappell. But no it's pronounced Chapel, like "going to the chapel." He is a right funny dude. We had a good time. He was a friend of the roommate's girlfriend's best friend's boyfriend. Like always, Matt and I showed up ON TIME, but we were the first guests to arrive. So we were like "Are you Dave" and "thanks for inviting us" etc. can you say Awkward? Thankfully I have no fear of such social situations, so we were fast friends in no time. Everyone else showed up after I'd already downed 1 glass of wine. HA! Oh yes, I made an exception that I could drink on weekends and when I was uber-stressed out (ie: during Jamie's debacle), so I guess I sort of lost my resolution to not drink until Saturday. Sigh. At least I stuck to a limit of 1 glass of wine per evening per location?
-
In my old age, I've discovered something. I'm a super-beeotch during my PMS week. I'm still a residual super-beeotch the week of, but I'm absolutely happy/giddy and everything is hilarious to me the week after. WTF? hormones are grand aren't they? I'm going to keep an eye on myself next month to see if this holds true. I know the beeotch part does. Matt lets me know. he's super nice about how he lets me know, but he tells me. What a great hubby!

No comments: