Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Victorious!

Today is just a DAMN good day!
1) Yesterday was my beloved Aunt Julie's Birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNTIE JULES! And I get to see her next week!
-
2) Zazen Photo's first newsletter went out. If you didn't get the email, click HERE to sign up for the mailing list.
-
3) Today's can of Dole Tropical Fruit has more red papaya than anything else, my FAVE!
-
4) I'm having a good hair day.
-
5) It's Antoinette's Birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANTOINETTE!!!
-
6) Age of Aquarius Party photos - check out Matt on the floor. he was feeling Goo-ood!
-
7) Tonight is Wine Club - I'm hosting and we're doing "Organic RED wines with No Sulfites Added" - mmm delish!
-
8)And (as my facebook status so aptly puts it) - Abbie is secretly and wickedly pleased about getting to the Arc-Trainer machine at 5:30am BEFORE tread-climber girl tried to hog it. har har har.
Let me explain #8.
This week, I've been to the YMCA every morning without fail. I was a little late on Monday and Tuesday, so Tread-Climber girl was already there hogging her favorite machine BOTH days and for 45mins on Tuesday (beeotch). So, I did weights on Monday, and Bike on Tuesday. BUT TODAY I get there a full 10 mins early. I mean the doors had not even OPENED yet, as I was parking my car. But she was there, in line, at the door, and as I crossed the parking lot to the entrance, they let her in. "NOOOOO!" I thought. "NOOOO she's going to beat me to the machine." I tried to remain calm, and told myself - "so what? let's just get one of the other machines instead. You are stronger than her. Your weakness is not that stupid Tread-Climber thing." and so, I rather apathetically watched her beat me down the stairs, beat me to the Tread-Climber machine (and she fiddled with it for a long time, even crawling on her knees to the front of the machine near the wall. I assumed she was plugging it in?), and I absent-mindedly put my waterbottle into the cup holder on the Arc-Trainer, and then went to put my jacket in the cubby-storage unit. As I walked back to the Arc-Trainer, WHAM I almost ran into her. She had been over near my Arc-Trainer machine but had seen my water bottle (holding my place). I guess the tread-climber wasn't working and she was trying for her 2nd favorite machine now? I wasn't sure, but I just climbed up on there and started doing my 30 mins of cardio. And I thought quietly to myself "30 minutes, and that was the rules. not 45 mins Missie!" There are only 2 Arc Trainer machines at the YMCA with arm-movement. The other 3 have the part where your feet/legs swing but the arm-part is stationary. The machine I was on was the "total body" arc trainer. Hmmm . . . I was on one, and another older lady was on the other one. incidently, there were 2 other available Arc-Trainers (minus the arm movement).
As I started my workout, I couldn't help but notice that Tread-Climber girl was hovering around the area. Even though the Arc-Trainers are in a DIFFERENT ROOM than her Tread-Climber. She wanted my machine BAD. I could taste it.
Why couldn't she use one of the 10 available treadmills, or upright bikes, or encumbent bikes, or stair climber machines, or the other Arc Trainers? There were A LOT of other options. No, she wanted her Tread-climber or the Total Body Arc-Trainer and that was it. Spoiled little thing isn't she? I tried to be gracious, and not smirk to myself, but I was secretly pleased.
Then I watched as she wrote her name on the marker board on the waiting list. Karen. Hmm, so my nemesis has a name now. Damn.
I finished my 30 minutes. The most self-satisfying 30 mins of cardio yet. And then I politely got off the machine, cleaned it, and went home to shower in my new master bathroom.
I AM stronger than she is. I'm versatile. I can work out on ANY cardio machine. I do not restrict myself to just the Tread-Climber or Arc-Trainer. And I'm going to have a more-rounded workout week for it too. har har har.



Photo credit goes to Ebay - Cybex Arc Trainer and Bowflex Treadclimber TC6000* btw, the one at my YMCA is NOT a bowflex, but heck if I can remember what it is.

No comments: