Thursday, February 05, 2009

Cry me a shower

Click for Before and After Photos
The Master Bath is finished. The bill has been paid. I'm now officially broke. Lessons learned? I do better with managing the project if I have time to plan. This "involuntary remodel" was forced upon us due to the leak and impending roommate. So, I did not have the adequate time to plan and figure out how to cut costs. Thus, this project got a little out of my control and I'm not too happy with the final figure. The total cost of the tile alone was 3 times what I had estimated when we first measured. I'm still fuzzy on how that happened, but he had receipts to prove it. However, Tile Guy did a GREAT job, we are happy with the results, and Matt LOVES the new shower door. So, ok we had to fork over some extra cash, the end result is worth it right? right? I'm waiting for this to sink into my disbelieving head.
Things I wish I had done earlier on:
-Measured for the difference in the vanity height.
-price-checked cabinetry for the vanity with Ikea. I did check Home Depot/Lowes, but I forgot about Ikea. damn.
-price-checked the granite versus Corian, etc.
-asked the workers to just un-hinge and remove the door to the bathroom so it wouldn't have been scratched up so damn much.
-perhaps I should have just bought the tile myself up front instead of letting them do it?
-I wish we could have kept the old shower door - just in case, we maybe could have used it instead of spending money for a new one?
-
ok enough analyzing. it's all done as my hubby says. I have to just let it go and live with it. I do have a new bathroom to enjoy after all.
-
counting down the days to the "Age of Aquarius" party.

1 comment:

MrsNick said...

Congrats! It looks beautiful from what I can tell. I hope you all have fun in TN next weekend:)