Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Varasano's, Vino, and Va-Nuptials?

Didn't realize how long it has been since I've updated this blog. Whew!
Saturday the 7th
Whilst the men enjoyed a bachelor party, I went on to my dear friend Mina's birthday bash at Varasano's. I thought I'd had everything, but you seriously have GOT to try Varasano's Pizza. It is truly amazing! Very delicious! Great Wine options, and My favorite pizza so far is the Nucci pizza on their menu. They also have a clam pizza among other daring adventures, but the Nucci was spectacular!
The owner is a math-fun guy, so the V in his logo is a square root. Also he's a Rubik's cube champ, so the dessert comes out with a raspberry coulis written cube-root around the chocolate demise pie. Yes that was a pun in baking.
As if the pizza weren't tasty enough, the desserts are just, well, I found myself smudged in chocolate demise. mmm!
-
Tuesday was Wine Club, we tasted Gamay (the varietal) also called Beaujolais. You can read more about that in the Wine Club Blog. I hosted and it was amazingly delicious! Love it!
-
Saturday the 14th
Our dear friends Minsoo & Sarah, tied the knot! There was a ton of Korean food options, and at the end of the buffet line was the Americanized food. I had already piled up on the Korean stuff, so I barely had room for the beef tenderloin. However, it was super yummy! They had some spicy kimchee, wowza!
The bride's dress was just gorgeous. The music was fun, and we pretty much danced the night away.
At the end of the reception, they were giving away the alcohol, so we took a box home. Thanks Minsoo & Sarah! Great wedding all around!
-
Sunday we did a photo shoot for the upcoming Voyeur Magazine issue (tentatively scheduled for release at the end of December). I'm not giving away any hints. It's faboo!
-
Today is National Baklava Day, although for once in my life, I was too tired to make it this year. I've just been SO busy with work, and prepping for the trip, it would be too much. However, when I go visit Grandpa in a few weeks, I'll be making some at his house. Never fear. The Baklava will reappear! at some point.
-
Saturday night we are looking forward to the Dixie Pin-up Party to celebrate their calendar release. And then Monday it's off to the BIG APPLE! woo hoo!

No comments: