Monday, November 02, 2009

Party, Party, Party, and Party some more...

I'm very relieved to discover I'm NOT too old for this. We have been partying our little tooshies off! Let me try to recap...
Saturday the 17th -
West Grant Park Neighborhood Block Party - this was a nice tame party with kids, parents, a bonfire, and live music. It was also the first FREEZING cold night of the year here, so everybody was bundled up to the gills. I made Fajita Chili, with green chile peppers in it. very good hit, but hard to keep warm, even in the crock pot, as everything was outdoors for this party. Thankfully, someone got me a power cable to run to my crockpot plug, but it took so long to warm up, it wasn't devoured before we had to leave. We did have some fun though. Chris and Mina and little Ian were there, it was fun. Then we skeddaddled on over to Alex's party that evening.
Alex's Divorce Party - the man is finally free, and we celebrated as he requested. With a night at his favorite debaucherized establishment. I wore my pole party shirt in honor of the event. (no pics allowed, we were at the PP, hee hee hee!).
-
Friday the 23rd
Dinner at Serpas - We tried a new restaurant called Serpas. It's located in Studioplex lofts on Auburn. The moment we walked in the door, one of our songs started up - Lover's Lane Island Paradise. Oh yeah. Groovy music as they walk you to your table. The food was to DIE for (so good), and the wine was amazing also. Delicious! Then we walked down 2 doors to Matt Odom's Photography Show at Art Department - I bought one of his pieces called "Dirty Hands". We originally met Matt in Castleberry Hill at the Atlanta Photographer's Guild meet up at Elliott Street Pub. He and his girlfriend Ashley are just awesome/adorable/fun/creative people. We love hanging out with them.
Then we skipped on over to The Porter (a pub in Little 5 Points) with some friends, and finally back home.
-
Saturday the 24th
The Double-A Birthday Basher Matt's Photos. As is the case every year, I have to compete with Halloween for my birthday. This year Alex and I did a joint party the weekend between our birthdays, and it ended up being a total blast! Much better turn out, since folks weren't having Halloween conflicts. Such an awesome party, even the neighbors drove by asking for our play-list. We didn't shut it down until 3:30am that night. There was dancing, shots, birthday cake, ice cream, bubblegum vodka, and someone DID stick it in the mashed potatoes. just kidding.
-
Tuesday the 27th
Got my hair touched up by Ms. Debi, and as I was leaving, my GPS notified me that all roads north (aka back home) were RED. It was raining, it was getting dark, traffic was a mess. I had a No Mas coupon in my purse. So I went to No Mas. Called a few friends, and Holly, Ben, and later Erika met me there. Woo hoo! more early birthday fun. Drove home much later, after traffic died down.
-
Thursday the 29th
Matt took me out for dinner at Season's 52. Later Erika came by with some Bitch Bubbly (that I didn't know existed, but I was pleased to discover), and we had some cocktails before bedtime.
-
Friday we missed our friend Walter's party, but we were "plum-tuckered-out!"
-
Saturday the 31st
Erika's 80s Themed Halloween Party: Ben's Photos Tom's Photos Matt's Photos

No comments: