Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend Update

Photo Credit goes to Zazen Photo.
Glasses?
Ok ok, yes I got glasses. No I don't really quote "need" them, I still have 20/20 vision, but my doc says it may help me with looking far off into the distance. Aka - good for driving or watching TV, but not "needed". Well my job has me staring intently at miniscule text on my screen and meticulously checking it for required results, so I've sort of started wearing my glasses every day to work, and then taking them off when I get home.
I've never had glasses before, so it's really weird to me. I feel like I'm wearing sunglasses indoors, and I have to remind myself that "hello, yes if you are staring at something or someone, now people can SEE your eyeballs thru the lenses, so don't be so obvious." When I'd be in sunglasses I always felt sort of incognito and nobody could see what I was looking at. HA! This is totally different. Fun, but different.
-
Matt says to me the other day "you're like my own little Sarah Palin" and he wanted me to put the glasses on, make my fingers into little guns, and say "pew pew" and wink - like the Tina Fey impression of SP. So I did it once to amuse him, but told him to stop calling me SP. LOL. I'd rather say I look like Liz Lemmon (from 30 Rock, aka Tina Fey)-thank-u-very-much.
-
Weekend Happenings
Let's see, we did updated headshot photos (will post them later today hopefully - courtesy of Zazen Photo), installed 2 mirrors, a make-up counter, a privacy curtain, and rearranged the basement (aka Studio) for models use - cleaned out the pantry and laundry room, went to Twisted Taco for free food and drinks (pure luck it was opening night), went to Get Coffee twice (love love love their breakfast veggie burrito), watched "The Aviator" finally, saw a new Family Guy episode, put better "feet" on the coffee table for ease of moving it around, vacuumed, cleaned house, etc. Cooked up some Noodles in white clam sauce, I can't remember anymore. it was fun!
-
Oh yes and our roommate is finally moved in. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! So far so good.
-
No new Master Bath updates, but if this weekend is any indication, we are off to a great start as far as the residual productive aura permeating my house right now - GO GO GO!
-
Treadclimber was available for use this AM. Oh you betta believe I got my butt moving on that!
-
Rubber Duckies - Per Warren's challenge, I DID find some "Biker duckies" and now we have Valentine Day Ducks on display here in the office, and all the Biker Dudes got Biker Ducks. Thank you Oriental Trading Company!
-
My new fave snack - Lara Bar! All natural (for shizzle - really really REAL all natural ingredients), healthy, and satisfying. Gotta love it!
-
Decided to give up alcohol until the Age of Aquarius Party. It can't hurt, and maybe I'll drop some pounds? we'll see. Hot Tea is my new evening bliss.

No comments: