Tuesday, October 21, 2008

19 Golfers, a Masseuse, and me - oh my!


Photo Credit goes to A.G. - you know who you are - E & A at Mellow Mushroom awaiting our delicious "Magical Mystery Tour" pizza.
*********************************************************************************
Photo Credit


Yes, just 5 days after returning from a cruise, I hopped on to another vacation. Although, this one was slightly more business related. My best girlfriend is a massage therapist, and she was hired to travel to Palmetto Dunes on Hilton Head Island, to massage 19 golfers before/after their tee-time and play. I was along for entertainment and to keep her company. I suppose anyway. We had no idea there would be 19 guys there, and that we'd be the only women in the group. However, they were perfect gentlemen, and we were given the Master Suite in the main rental house on the resort property, for our accomodations. The bathroom was as big as my kitchen. May I just say I was impressed? Whilst the lovely massage therapist was busy doing business, I hung out with the dudes. Over the weekend, we played Texas Hold 'Em Poker, Euchre, sipped 23 yr old rum (Ron Zacapa, OMG it is good), sipped wine (I brought my own stash), and puffed on some cigars. They were apparently impressed with my gaming skill, and wordly knowledge of alcohols and cigars. I was flattered, and they were nice folks. It was good clean fun. During the day when the men were golfing, my friend and I hung out at the beach, shopping, went to see the "W" movie (which I do NOT recommend, it was not a comedy after all, at least not a very funny one), and discovered a wonderful style of cooking called "Gullah." We had the BEST crabcake I have EVER eaten at "Dye's Gullah Fixin's." Delish!
Overall it was a great weekend. I just wish my hubby could have been there to share in the fun.
-
It was a cryin' shame that I don't play golf. After this trip though, I'm considering taking it up. Expensive hobby though.

No comments: