Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Idiotic Lawsuits - rant


I usually try to use my blog for positive things with positive energy. Or just giving updates. Photo Credit
but today I have a rant about idiotic lawsuits (or just plain UNFAIR ones ...)
-
ONE:
This one really "grinds my gears" http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=51417
2 Border Patrol agents face 20 years in prison - Officers prosecuted – wounded drug trafficker given full immunity in exchange for testimony
ok let me get this straight, an illegal alien/drug trafficker - with 800 lbs of Marijuana in his van, is running away from the authorities - with something shiny in his hand, and he gets shot in the *ss (which is not a fatal wound), and the AGENTS get arrested and face 20 yrs in prison?!?!?!?!?!?-oh yeah we are REALLY supporting our border patrol. Nice.
-
TWO:
The Victoria's Secret Thong Lawsuit (gimme a break):
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25258522/ (notice her lawyer can't keep from cracking up during the video) http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...1secrets1.html
http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5195818
-
THREE:
Gay Man Offended by Bible - so he sues the publisher. SERIOUSLY? Nuff said I think I covered that one in a previous blog entry.
-------------------------
ok in other news, I thought of some GOOD things about the house not selling:
+ I can still keep my YMCA membership, and do my 5:30am workouts safely
+ It's safe to walk the dog a night by myself (downtown isn't quite so safe)
+ I don't have to re-pack all my crap again
+ We don't have to sell 1/2 our stuff again (believe me we could still sell more, we are such packrats)
+I don't have a terrible commute (if we lived downtown my drive to work would be suxors!)
+The 24 hr Emergency Vet is around the corner if we need them
+I know where all the stores/pharmacies/restaurants are if I need them
+We have 2 guest rooms and an office (a loft may not have these things)
+We have a yard (althought I detest yard work and mosquitos)
+We have a deck
+We have a full basement with bar, good for parties, etc.
+I get to keep my kitchen! yay!
+We have Equity (well sort of, depends on the market now)
-----BUT on the downside:-----
-Matt doesn't have a LOFT for his Photography biz.
-We still have debt to pay off (selling the house could REALLY help that situation)
-We don't have a rooftop deck with skyline views (some of the lofts we liked had that)
-We still have to do yardwork
-We still have to keep the big house clean (hard work)
-We still have to do repairs on the big house (it's old people, and old stuff needs fixing/replacing)
-I don't get to decorate the new place. I love decorating.
-We didn't lower our cost of living yet (selling the house will do that)
-We are still stuck in Suburbia instead of "in town"
-We are still 30 mins away from most of our social activities and weekend events.
ok well that's all for now, let me NOODLE on that some more . . .

No comments: