Monday, July 07, 2008

Independance Day Weekend & other shenanigans

The weekend started quietly enough on Thursday Night.
I was so proud of myself for getting a YMCA membership, and actually going there 4 times last week, and I was eating healthier, and feeling better, and then WHAM. I was just overwhelmingly exhausted on Thursday. I got home, and promptly fell asleep for 2 hours. It would have been fine, but even after I woke up, I never quite got my energy back up.
Matt and I had a healthy dinner of Spinach leaves and Chipotle Chicken Sausage, but then I had some wine, talk about sleepy! On the upside, we got PLENTY of sleep this weekend. yes I'm drinking more than enough water, and yes I'm taking a multi-vitamin, although I admit I ran out of my pro-biotic pills. We went to Whole Foods on Saturday to get some more though. I'm stocked now.
-
Ruth came over to select images for her portfolio, she had some agents interested in her modeling, and of course she knows Matt is the BEST photographer ever (I'm so biased aren't I?), so she wanted to use mostly his images of her for the agents.
-
I think I also sent some wine-induced iLike videos of Samantha James on Facebook - sorry friends I got carried away! haha!
-
Fourth of July was awesome, great fireworks at the parent's community up in Jasper, GA. We had a lovely time and some good burgers.
-
Saturday the 5th of July we had a spiffy time at a friend's party also. Good burgers but even BETTER hot dogs, These were all beef/chedder dogs, and they were a HUGE size. I was in heaven. too bad the damn redbull/organic vodka I drank gave me a hangover. Yeah I only had 2 drinks (which is really good with my track record at past parties here), and was sobered up to drive Matt home, and I was STILL hungover. WTF?
-
6th of July, I finally went to the new H&M Store in Atlantic Station. Nothing fit. I mean NOTHING but some stretchy fat woman shorts. I was like screw this, and bought a hat. Sigh. Thank GOD for New York & Company (where real women sizes live).
later Matt & I watched "Beowulf" the movie. Interesting. For the first time ever Matt was more scared of the movie than I was. I was actually unaffected by it for the most part. Although I will say there was a lot of talent in that one.
-
The Mikamy Meadows Party is on for 7/20. If I forgot to send you the Evite, you either aren't LOCAL, or you need to remind me. ;-D
-
Watch this video (it is 20 mins long, but SO worth it) The story of stuff.
-
I had an Epiphany this weekend about how I want my life to be in the future - hopefully the near future - I want to be as debt-free as possible. I want to live in sustainable home. I want a LOFT if possible. I want high ceilings and space and light. I want windows and flowy/drapy curtains (made of organic cotton of course), and a low king-sized platform bed to sleep on at night (see West Elm). I want a modern-style, low seated, leather couch - like they have at Roche Bubois (think Il Teatro, Symbole, or Sirius), or West Elm, or even Ikea (Kramfors). I want Matt's photography framed and featured on my walls. I want a Mac Air laptop, and all my CD tracks to be MP3s and stored on a server in my new loft, so I can get rid of all my CDs and have no need for storing them - and only the need to plug in my MP3 player to download new songs from the server. I want a 16gig iPhone so I can use that as my phone/gps/map/email/mp3 player/etc. and then I can get rid of the need for a blackberry AND Mp3 player (no sense having 2 gadgets when one will do). I want to be FREE and LIGHT and to be RID of all this baggage we call "STUFF" - I'm not just talking about the video for "the story of stuff" but the other STUFF. I am tired of my STUFF owning me. I am constantly having to manage my STUFF. bah humbug. I have too much STUFF. Get rid of it except the things mentioned above, and perhaps a few choice accent pieces, but I'm really tired of having 3 closets of clothes to manager, and a basement full of STUFF I'm storing, etc.
-
And after I get rid of the excess STUFF and excess DEBT, then I want to start using my extra CASH for travel. Travel and investing, and the future! Ok we will check back on that in 1 yr and see how I'm doing.
-
Upcoming future topics: Pin-up Style Photo Shoot for The Voyeur Magazine, Mikamy Meadows Party, wedding in NYC, Bahamas Cruise, paying off credit card, getting into shape.

No comments: