Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Of White Russians and Sirloin . . .

Well you know you're doing well fitness-wise when you have a fun/wine-induced weekend like I did, with hardly any sleep on Saturday night, and the Wii-Fit tells you you haven't gained ANY weight from it! I mean I usually go up and down 2 lbs over the weekend on a light-non-party weekend. But I MAINTAINED! woo hoo!
-
now, if I can only start the numbers going DOWN . . .
-
Last night, our "white-russian" James came over for a photoshoot and dinner. Bless his heart, I will miss him dearly. He's moving to Las Vegas for Medical School, next week. Sigh. Not only is he one of those wonderfully zen, calm, and philisophical folks, but he's very GQ too. One of those really good friends to sit on the porch and puff on a stogie or sip red wine with, and talk about anything, or philosophize (is that a word?) with. Matt took some fabulous portraits of him. I am not sure if they will be posted or not, but I really enjoyed them. Go James Bond! We dined on Sirloin Steaks, Green Beans, and Au Gratin Potato Balls. Thank Goodness for Omaha Steaks! Of course, I don't buy from Omaha Steaks unless they are having one of those $60 specials.
-
Sunday is the Mikamy Meadows Party! YAY! I bought all the party supplies/food last night.
-
Funny news about Matt - he's suddenly into Pellegrino. I think it's adorable.
-
Disturbing news: Gay Man Offended by Bible - did he JUST NOW read it? Is he going to sue the Koran publishers too? We all know what the Bible says on that topic. WTF - are we supposed to censor the bible now? Idiotic lawsuits. And supposedly the man is representing himself too. Gee that's a great idea. ***In a recently released statement, a Zondervan spokesperson wrote: "Zondervan doesn't translate the Bible or own the copyright for any of the translations. Instead [our] company relies on the scholarly judgment of credible translation committees."***
I have nothing personally against Gay people - don't misunderstand me, but my goodness this is ridiculous! This case holds about as much water as the Victoria Secret Thong lawsuit. Gimme a break!
I "get offended" at the Bible too, but usually because it's putting my dumb*ss back in line and I don't want to be corrected, etc. and for gosh sakes, I get offended by lots of things I read, but that doesn't mean I go around suing every newspaper, magazine, or book publisher out there. geez louise. blahg!
-
Ooh Matt may have a new client. See their blog = Zularis Naturals Blog or Zularis Naturals.com

No comments: